Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Designing Learning CertificateAssociation for Talent Development (ATD)
Designing Learning Certificate
Designing Learning Certificate: A 3-day program for instructional designers
This 3-day program is designed to provide participants with the skills necessary for developing engaging, powerful and objective focused training. Participants will learn the human performance improvement approach to instructional design, gaining a strong understanding of best practice on a range of topics. Course material will cover needs assessment and job/task analysis.
Gain valuable templates
This course takes participants through a structured step-by-step process that can be immediately applied to the development of their own training programs. With theses tools, delegates will leave the program prepared to implement the structures best suited to their own organization objectives and bottom-line.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be prepared to:
- Describe and apply the ADDIE model.
- Conduct a training needs assessment that aligns performance needs with organizational results.
- Select and use data collection techniques as part of the training needs assessment process.
- Demonstrate how to structure instructional events that address psychological learning processes.
- Apply the ROPES phases of instruction to construct effective learning events.
- Write complete learning objectives based on observable actions or behaviors.
- Select learning methods and media to support the attainment of learning objectives.
- Apply guidelines to the use of visuals, text, and audio in instructional materials.
- Create participant guides, facilitator guides, and supporting materials.
- Prepare reports that document the training needs assessment, program design, and recommendations for training implementation, including pilot tests and rollout.
- Develop an evaluation strategy for training initiatives.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Design Learning Certificate is designed for practitioners new to the field of instructional system design and those hoping to apply the latest understanding and best practices to their course design.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this workshop earns the Design Learning Certificate.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This program is worth 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP (CPLP Recertification Points) and has been preapproved for 14 HRCI Recertification Credits.
Training Course Content
Training topics for this Design Learning Certificate program cover:
- 'Training Needs Assessment
- Data Collection Techniques
- How People Learn
- Learning Objectives
- Selecting Learning Methods and Media
- Course and Lesson Outlines
- Basic Lesson Ingredients
- How to Create Participant and Facilitator Guides and Visual Aids
- How to Create Valid Practice Exercises, Tests, and Measures
The cost of this 3-day Design Learning Certificate program is $1,850 USD
ATD Member Price
ATD members pay $1,495 USD for this course. Become a member today and save $355 USD.
This program can also be conducted as on-site training, with flexible dates and duration.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Association for Talent Development (ATD)
Train with the Association for Talent Development (ATD), the largest association in the world committed to serving those who develop talent and drive results within organisations. With over 125 chapters and membership across 120 nations, ATD works in a broad...