Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AutoCAD Plant 3D - Live Online trainingArmada
AutoCAD Plant 3D - Live Online training
All available course dates
AutoCAD Plant 3D Live Online training course for beginners, teaching how to build and maintain 3D process plant models, and create content for use in 3D process plant models.
Live online training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home.
The AutoCAD Plant 3D toolset is used by designers and engineers to model and document process plants in 3D. Armada's AutoCAD Plant 3D course provides a thorough grounding in the application and its key features.
- Building steel structure models.
- Creating equipment models.
- Create piping components.
- Project configuration.
- Working with data and using the Data Manager.
- Isometrics, orthographics and catalogues.
AutoCAD Plant 3D training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Plant 3D.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
The Armada approach to live online training:
Remote training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- It is presented by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), following the same syllabus.
- You’ll receive a comprehensive training guide.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
Self-funding delegates can pay by interest-free staged payments. Simply pay 10% deposit when booking and the remainder over 12 monthly installments. No hidden charges or fees - you only pay for advertised course fee!
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Plant 3D course is ideal for new users to Plant 3D.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of standard AutoCAD. If you don’t have this knowledge, we recommend you attend Armada's AutoCAD Essentials training first.
A basic knowledge of process or piping industry practice is beneficial but not essential.
Live Online Training essentials
Participants must have a secure internet connection, and access to a computer running AutoCAD Plant 3D for this training. If you don't have this installed, Armada can provide details of free trial software that you can download ahead of participating in this training,
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course.
All scheduled courses hosted by Armada run from 9:30am-4:30pm, with ample screen breaks and a lunch break. Delegates are invited to join from 9:00am, to ask their instructor any questions from the previous days training.
On-request AutoCAD Plant 3D training available
AutoCAD Plant 3D training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request AutoCAD Plant 3D training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a personalised quote.
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021. It is relevant to all recent versions of AutoCAD Plant 3D, from 2013.
Training Course Content
Session 1: Introduction to AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Working on a project
- AutoCAD Plant 3D user interface
- Different workspaces in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Invoking commands in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Dialog Boxes
- Opening a drawing that is not in the project
Session 2: Creating projects and P&IDs
- PROJECT MANAGER
- Creating a new AutoCAD Plant 3D project
- Defining a P&ID
- Validating a drawing
- Editing a drawing
- Adding intelligence to custom P&ID symbols
Session 3: Creating structures
- Creating a grid
- Setting the representation of the structural member
- Adding members
- Creating stairs, railings, ladders, plates/grates, footings
- Editing the structural members
- Visibility options
- Exchanging data with other applications
Session 4: Creating equipment
- Placing equipment in a drawing
- Adding vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, heaters
- Creating a customised equipment
- Modifying equipment
- Converting solid models into equipment
- Converting Inventor models into equipment
- Attaching and detaching objects
- Adding nodules
Session 5: Editing specifications and catalogs
- Gelling Started with the Spec Editor
- Working with Spec Files
- Working with the Catalog Editor
- Creating a new catalog from an existing catalog
- Adding a new part to a catalog
- Modifying the Branch Table
Session 6: Routing pipes
- Selecting a Spec
- Working with the Spec Viewer
- Routing a pipe
- Creating branches
- Creating a weld connection
- Creating Autodesk Connection Point
Session 7: Adding valves, fittings and pipe supports
- Adding valves and fittings
- Adding pipe supports
- Insulating a pipe
- Modifying the pipe components using grips
- Validating a 3D model
Session 8: Creating isometric drawings
- Isometric drawing types
- Creating a quick isometric drawing
- Creating a production isometric drawing
- Placing Iso messages and annotations
- Exporting a pipe component file
- Configuring isometric drawing settings
Session 9: Creating orthographic drawings
- Generating the first view
- Creating the adjacent view
- Adding annotations and dimensions
- Locating a component in the 3D model
- Editing a drawing view
- Adding grips to pipes
- Generating Bill of Material
- Creating BOM annotation
Session 10: Managing data and creating reports
- Viewing data in the DATA MANAGER
- Modifying the display of data
- Zooming to plant objects
- Editing data in the DATA MANAGER
- Placing annotations in P&ID using the DATA MANAGER
- Filtering information in the data table
- Exporting data from the DATA MANAGER
- Importing data to the DATA MANAGER
- Viewing DATA MANAGER reports
- Working with the Report Creator
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
The course fee is inclusive of a comprehensive training manual, posted out to delegates ahead of the course, and all other course documentation.
Delegates are entitled to 30days post course support from their trainer, to help with any queries on topics covered during their training.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...