Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
With no prior knowledge of accountancy necessary, this course will give you a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of both financial and management accountancy, covering general accountancy methods, such as how to use ledgers, balance sheets and income statements, as well as transferrable skills that apply more generally to business like data skills, problem solving, planning, presenting arguments and recommendations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam (as administered by AQA), you will have achieved an internationally recognised AQA A level Accountancy qualification.
- An understanding of the theory, purpose, procedures and techniques of both management and financial accountancy.
- Learn the importance of effective accountancy management systems, as well as their limitations.
- Awareness of economic, legal, ethical, social, environmental and technical influences on decision-making in accountancy.
- Transferrable skills useful in all aspects of business, such as numeracy, strong communication skills, building and presenting an argument, ICT used in business, evaluating data and analytical, problem-solving skills.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into the following units:
- An introduction to the role of the accountant in business
- Types of business organisation
- The double entry model
- Verification of accounting records
- Accounting concepts used in the preparation of accounting records
- Preparation of financial statements of sole traders
- Limited company accounts
- Analysis and evaluation of financial information
- Marginal costing
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Absorption and activity based costing
- Capital investment appraisal
- Accounting for organisations with incomplete records
- Partnership accounts
- Accounting for limited companies
- Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
- The impact of ethical considerations
An A level in accounting is the perfect first step towards a potentially lucrative career in accountancy or the financial sector. It also demonstrates a strong numerical grounding in business finance, valuable for any career in business or for any budding entrepreneur.
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this A-Level Accounting course - simply fill out your details: