Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diploma in Safeguarding and Welfare1Training
Diploma in Safeguarding and Welfare
Child abuse refers to the abuse of children in physical, sexual and emotional forms, which can lead to the death, injuries and emotional damage among children. In US alone, reports of more than 3 million child abuse cases are recorded every year. Impact of child abuse may be short term or long term and can even result in death. Many child protection facilities and institutes have been set up in order to provide assistance to the affected children and youth. Child protection campaigns have also been introduced in order to create awareness among the general public regarding child abuse.
It is important to identify child abuse early on in order to provide the necessary support and help needed for the victims. If child abuse is not identified or neglected, it may affect the development and social life of children in the long run. Therefore, it is important for everyone to be informed regarding child abuse, irrespective of their academic and professional backgrounds. However, knowledge and skills regarding child abuse will be essential if you have planned on looking for a job related to child protection or if you are already have a child protection related job. You can also launch child abuse awareness campaigns and child abuse protection facilities with this diploma.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course aimed at?
This course can benefit anyone who is interested in learning about child and youth abuse. However, this will mainly benefit parents, job seekers looking for a job related to child protection and to employees in child protection facilities.
- You must be 16 years of age or more
- You should have a basic understanding of numeracy, English language and ICT
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Certificate in Safeguarding and welfare professional qualification.
Training Course Content
- Learn about the symptoms, indicators and signs of child abuse and the importance of identifying them early on.
- Gain an insight into physical abuse, sexual abuse and emotional abuse and how to help children and youth facing abuse.
- Understand what is neglect and the impact of long term neglect on children and youth.
- Gain an understanding into the abuse of differently-abled children.
- Gain an insight into the legal and non-legal procedures to be followed in cases of child abuse.
- Learn how to help and treat affected children and how to involve parents in helping out the affected children.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The content will be accessible to you 24/7. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the Safeguarding and welfare program you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The certificate will be awarded by CPD and iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
1: Symptoms, indicators, and signs of child abuse
2: Learning about Physical abuse
3: What is Sexual abuse
4: What is Emotional abuse
5: What is Neglect
6: Helping children and the youth to cover themselves from abuse
7: Abuse of differently-abled children
8: Legal and non-legal procedures to follow in cases of child abuse
9: Treating affected Children
10: Involving parents
11: Review of Serious Cases
12: Summary Review
Progression and career path
On the successful completion of this diploma in safeguarding and welfare, you will be eligible for many job positions related to child protection. If you are a child protection employee, you can use this diploma to progress in your career by demanding for job promotions or other job benefits from the organization.
- Psychologist – £31,278 per annum
- Childcare worker – £14,291 per annum
- Social worker – £27,853 per annum
- Youth worker – £20,092 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest experts with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and revise all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Find out more about this Diploma in Safeguarding and Welfare course - simply fill out your details: