Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diploma in Health and Safety in Childcare1Training
Diploma in Health and Safety in Childcare
Health and safety of children is very important when it comes to childcare. It is the main responsibility of childcare providers to safeguard the health and safety of the children within and outside the childcare facility. Most childcare institutes are provided license only on the adherence to the state laws that includes health and safety practices such as proper hygiene in the preparation of food, accident prevention and contagious illness prevention. It is also important to adhere to proper health and safety practices in order to maintain the reputation and quality of the childcare institute or childcare worker. Therefore, this diploma is essential if you are planning on starting a career in the childcare or teaching field. If you already own an employment in the childcare field, this diploma will aid you in the progression of your career.
A childcare provider can only provide quality services if they possess the relevant knowledge and skills regarding childcare. A childcare provider should also be informed about the ways in which to safeguard the health and safety of the children. Therefore, this diploma is here to educate and train you in childcare. This diploma teach you in-depth about the importance of health and safety in childcare. This diploma will keep you updated regarding good hygienic practices, safe food preparation practices and disposing practices. This diploma will also provide you an insight into the sicknesses and allergies affecting children and the ways in which to tackle them through first aids and CPR.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course aimed at?
This diploma will benefit anyone who is interested in learning about child health and safety. However, this diploma will mainly benefit parents, teachers, job seekers looking for a job in the childcare field and employees in the childcare field.
- You must be 16 years of age or more
- You should have a basic understanding of numeracy, English language and ICT
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Diploma in Health and Safety in Childcare professional qualification.
Training Course Content
- Learn about the importance of safeguarding your child and the ways to safeguard them.
- Understand the importance of good hygiene, cleanliness and food safety and the ways in which to ensure these aspects in the life of your child.
- Gain an insight into the types of illnesses and allergies affecting children and the ways of providing first aid and CPR to children in such instances.
- Understand the importance of cleanliness and disposing and the how to practice them.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The content will be accessible to you 24/7. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the Diploma in health and safety in childcare program you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The certificate will be awarded by CPD and iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
1: Safeguarding Your Child
2: Good Hygiene
3: Food Safety
4: Food Safety 2
5: Hygienic Work Practices
9: Children with Allergies
10: Common Illnesses
11: First Aid
12: CPR 1
13: The Recovery Position
14: Common Injuries
15: Common Injuries 2
Progression and career path
Once you successfully complete this diploma in health and safety in childcare, you will be eligible to apply for many job positions in the childcare filed. If you are employee in the childcare field, you can use this diploma to progress in your career through job promotions or salary increments.
- Special education assistant – £13,743 per annum
- Preschool teacher – £19,006 per annum
- Teacher assistant – £12,512 per annum
- Babysitter- £13,200 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest experts with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and revise all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to the course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Find out more about this Diploma in Health and Safety in Childcare course - simply fill out your details: